Tuesday, August 26, 2008

newest email from Carole in Ethiopia!

This is from Carole:
What can I say? We have sons!

Abel is quiet and conscientious. He is an engineer in training as he loves gadgetry and is very curious and careful around things. He is quick to learn and fascinated. He wakes like his dad (no talk, no food) and went to the bathroom and washed his face. He is very nuturing toward Tekleab while still being a brother at times.

Tekleab. Remember that grin with mischief? That is HIM! He is lively to the point of being hyper. He can be naughty and will look at you and laugh while scampering away. He calls me Mommy. He is sweet and flip-flops in the bed like his sisters. He is into EVERYTHING.

We are staying holed up in the guest house and trying to simply bond without getting too, too bored. Embassy is tomorrow. Our cell phone can receive calls but we are having trouble placing them. We did use the land line finally yesterday.

We miss you all. I see things in the boys that remind me of the girls and that is so poignant!

Love,

Carole

1 comment:

Miriam Wilmoth said...

Oh Carole,

I wish I could just put my arms around ALL of you!! Yes, even you Marty!!

I love you!
Miriam