Monday, September 22, 2008

Look Dad - Two wheels




We have a bike-riding son in Helenville. I knew that this child was determined and once I saw how he was persistent in learning how to simply pedal his bicycle just over three weeks ago, I felt that this day would arrive soon. Paul took off his own training wheels. He put them back on after a day or so and they came back off a couple of days ago. He would resort to another sibling's bicycle/tricycle if he needed to feel speed in the meantime.

So I am walking through the living room today and I catch a glimpse of him on HIS bicycle and see him complete two, three, and sometimes four rotations before letting his legs check his balance. I step outside. I try to capture pictures but he poses and puts his foot down (hence the first one from behind).

And before the day is advanced much further he's adept in his two-wheeler skills. He wears winter mittens as biking gloves (we haven't done a long bike trail trek yet so he hasn't seen Marty and I wear ours). I'm so tickled over this.

He now calls his bicycle simply the "cycle" and I believe in his mind he is racing along like his Dad on the motorcycle. I'll try to get a picture of him in comparison . . . the only one I believe I have is the Harley Davidson that is long gone (traded in favor of the more comfortable Honda Goldwing that we had on order with visions of long road trips together . . . . then we discovered I was pregnant with Mary before it was actually delivered) . . . hehe.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

How great! I'll bet he's so proud of himself!

The Wilkinson's said...

It was fun watching Ben learn as well. Ben told me that in Ethiopia they call them cycles! That is why he calls his that too! It is fun watching your boys!

Elizabeth Bergeron said...

Congratulations to Paul!! That is a great accomplishment. :)