Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Back to work!

Marty heads back to work today. Yesterday I was completely confidant that I would not be overwhelmed at the prospect of handling four children, two of whom I met last week for the first time.

This morning I'm not so sure. The boys DID sleep two hours later but then proceed happily with flipping on lights, stomping around in shoes, calling "dahhhhh-DEE!" and constant Amharic chatter. The girls' room is filled with light as Mary does not appreciate having her bedroom door shut. Marty as I have said is NOT a morning person. Once he got up and shut their door loudly and proceeded to shut off the bathroom and hall lights.

The door opens again soon and the lights return on.

I get up and turn them back off.

Julia protests.

I get up to offer her comfort and to attempt to get her back to sleep and they race into the room with gleeful greetings to their mama and I'm afraid I shooed them away at that moment, signifying that she was needing her rest (like THAT has ever worked before).

The lights all flip on again as Samuel announces twice his need to defecate and I nod my approval.

I head to the other bathroom and hear a door slam. He did return to their room but all lights are again on. Their conversation is in what we call here our "outdoor/outside voice" and I step in to give a proper good morning complete with hugs.

I love these guys. Boy I really love them.

I could love them more if they let me get just six hours of sleep a day.

No comments: