Sunday, September 21, 2008

Foggy Sunday morning

What a beautiful morning. Its a sleepy morning and just oh-so-nice having time to simply be together as family. I couldn't sleep earlier and got up around 4 but then crawled back in bed after three of the kids awoke and had time to simply talk with Marty (and Julia was in bed with us). Then Julia left and eventually Samuel joined us. He has the NICEST smile! Samuel left and Paul soon entered. I left intending to get the camera of the Phillipson men but soon the children noticed the fog and that began a whole new concept for my newest arrivals.

Paul determined that this MUST be the snow that he has seen pictures of and heard tales. He throws the door open and races out in his pajamas. A crane that is at the base of the hill is startled and takes off with what I call the "pterodactyl cry" of protest. Paul scampers right back in. Its funny explaining birds and caterpillars and worms and grasshoppers/crickets etc. to your never-exposed-before children.

Yesterday we went to a local church bazaar and ALL the children discovered that they love homemade doughnuts. There are apple festivals abounding and the trees are starting to emerge in their show of fall colors.

And I just embrace it all. The wonder, the colors, the joy of pillow talk with my spouse, my children . . . my life. How marvelous that God put me on this adventure. We're headed for a large get-together with other adoptive families in the Madison area today. I'm curious to see the interaction level of the boys - I KNOW Mary will be swept up quickly.

I'll keep you posted and will TAKE the camera.

3 comments:

SisterMom said...

Every day Jackson asks if the snow is coming in 2 days. At least he is consistent!

Karmen and Greg said...

I just LOVE your take on life. What a beautiful perspective. I love reading your blog and hope you continue it. It is inspiring!

Karmen

Elizabeth Bergeron said...

I agree with Karmen!! I so look forward to your tales. I get a great visual even with out photos!!